Sunday, March 28, 2010

Oops! Hi again!

Sorry ya'll, it seems as if I have let a few weeks slip by before I could update on what's going on in my life. So, school is in full swing, I'm still trying to figure out how the credits transfer, and trying to get inspired to get a few pieces of jewelry knocked out so I can send them to KU right quick before their end of semester. Surprisingly daunting. I do like my teachers though and they are all very understanding and kind. Let's see if I'll be singing the same tune come critique time! :)

I have to say...it finally happened, I got sick. Not sure if it was food or a stomach bug, but I was definitely out of commission for several days last week and still feeling the effects. Unfortunately, I have to say this has been the most challenging of my adventures (or misadventures). For whatever reason, my body and mind are quite frustrated that everything is spicy...makes it hard for your stomach to recover when all there is available has jalapenos, red pepper paste, kimchi, etc. etc. Not to mention seafood and the raw food too...my body is not used to bouncing back on such exotic foods. Or rather ONLY on such exotic foods. I just pray the Big Man Upstairs grants me some patience...

Other than that exciting stuff, I went to a forum this weekend with all the metals students. It was great! We played a lot of getting to know you games, had many glasses of soju and beer, got to know our teachers and peers better...it was all in all a good weekend getaway (and it only cost 45,000 KRW!). Still not sure of our exact location of where we went, but it was neat...our place was next to a lake nestled in the mountains.

Wish I had more exciting news, but looks like I should get to gettin' on my models for some of my classes. Love to you all!!!

Peace, Love and Kimchi,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment